Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Proj. 3: the contract

           For the BFA exhibition the piece I would like to work on is a video that will show a mix of video and motion graphics in the piece. I really want to have more work in my portfolio that shows that I can do effects and video manipulation and also include more complex motion graphics. This will be one video between 3-5 minutes in length. I want there to be lots of movement through the video.
           The idea for my project is still kind of unclear other than that I want to incorporate different effects in the video. I am trying to figure out right now what I will be able to personally record and shoot on my own so that is a current challenge and I am trying to figure out what will be the most appealing route. Some of the ideas I have played with include sports themes, music videos, global issues and awareness, top fears, and advertising.
            My project will be in video for the final format so whatever screen I can get it displayed on is what will be in the gallery. I could use a monitor or a laptop to use. Depending on whatever is available is what I’ll use for the final piece.
           Equipment I’ll be using during production will include my cannon rebel to take video along with a tripod from the ARC. Post production I will be working on in the MAC lab using final cut pro and after effects to create all the necessary things I need for my video.
           Production Calendar:
                       Week 4: Have final concept locked down and start a storyboard
                       Week 5: Complete storyboard and arrange shooting days
                       Week 6: Shoot Footage needed
                       Week 7: Shoot Footage needed
                       Week 8: Digitize and start editing footage
                       Week 9-12: Creating Motion graphics and effects
                       Week 13: Have final piece put together
                       Week 14: Make touch ups and export final piece
                       Week 15: Small Group Crits. Make any final changes.
                       Week 16: Final Presentations

1 comment: